Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ya gotta respect the money... right?



It was hot today. I mean, for us, it was hot today. Our days are generally in the mid 60's so "hot" is relative for sure. Rumor has it the temps were up to 91 F in places. Needless to say I sold a lot of water and other beverages today. One sweet older lady came up and bought a 1.5 liter bottle of Aquafina. I told her that would be $1.65. She proceeded to put down one dollar and then sort through her coins. Somewhere along the lines she had been given a .10¢ Canadian coin. She didn't realize that's what it was and I let her know. The look on her face was of such disgust... not with me, mind you, but with the coin. It was hard for me not to laugh. She told me, "Throw it away! It's worthless!"





I didn't toss the coin. Ya gotta respect the money, right? Even if it isn't the currency of our country. I saved the offending coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment