Thursday, October 13, 2011

Srsly? What the heck.

I get it. I'm guilty of this sometimes, too. The whole thinking my time is somehow more valuable than someone whose job it is to offer customer service.

We don't just wash cars, we don't just have a huge gift shop. We also offer detailing services for vehicles. This can take hours and hours. People generally drop off their vehicle for the day returning to pick it up before we close. People also generally call in the afternoon for a status report. "Is my car done? When will be ready for pick up?" Normal stuff. Expected stuff.

Today's call:
Them: "I'm calling to see if my car is finished."
Me: "Ok, hold on I'll check."
*I am totally flustered because today is crazy busy, the phone keeps ringing off the hook. Yet, I leave the register, go outside and ask if the green SUV detail (the only one out there) is done. It is. Good!*
Me: "It's the green SUV, right?"
Them: "No, it's a beige Lexus."
Me: *wanting to yell as I realize they just got a normal wash* "What kind of wash did you get?"
Them: "Oh the _____. I left and told them I'd be back to get it later. Is it ready for me to pick it up?"
Me: *wanting to yell even more* "What time were you here?"
Them: "Oh... let's see.... it was 11:30 a.m."
Me: *not amused since it's been 2 hours since they left their car and on a long day it takes only 30 minutes* "I am certain your vehicle is done and ready for pick up."

*click*

Seriously?! What the heck.

We do not have time to go outside to check if your car is done from a simple wash. That is not a service we offer. Our time is money, just like yours. If you don't have the time to wait for your car, fine. Pay, leave it and come back before 5 p.m. But please DO NOT call and expect us to be your personal assistant. Hundreds of cars come through our company on busy days. We cannot and do not have time to let everyone know when their car is finished. That is your job.








No comments:

Post a Comment